Computer skills and the ability to learn a second language play a key role in the development of rural students. Adequate facilities and equipment as well as qualified teachers are an important component of this BIG SMILE.
- A classroom will be constructed with the purpose of providing English and Computer classes.
- It will be constructed taking into account the specifications needed due to location: heat, near the ocean, security, etc.
Schools and children benefited:
- La Leona School, Eastern El Salvador: First grade to 6th grade: 102 students
- El Icacal School, Eastern El Salvador: First grade to 9th grade: 90 students
- Cerro Verde Community, Western El Salvador: First grade to 12th grade: 150 students
Alignment with objectives and strategies:
- The room will have attractive decorations and material that will motivate the student to receive the classes.
- English language is a key component for local tourism development.
- The room will also be used for other extracurricular activities, workshops and presentations to foreign visitors.